In a private revelation to Saint Bridget, Our Lord revealed a devotion to honour His Holy Wounds and Precious Blood. It was a daily recital of seven Our Fathers and seven Hail Marys for twelve years:
“Know that I will grant the following five graces to those who recite every day for twelve years (or until their death, should they die before):
- They will avoid Purgatory.
- They will be numbered amongst the martyrs, as though they had shed their blood for the faith.
- I will maintain the souls of three of their children (or relatives) in a state of sanctifying grace.
- The souls of their relatives, up to four generations, will avoid Hell.
- They will know the date of their death one month in advance.”
This revelation was confirmed by Pope Innocent X who added that a soul will be released from Purgatory on Good Fridays through this devotion.